Interior Design & Decoration Correspondence Course
Interior Design is an exciting and rewarding career, it is more than just having good taste and an eye for design. At the Australian Institute of Interior Design (AIID) we teach you more than just design. We teach you every step in the process from developing a style, creating floor plans, colour schemes, perspective room drawings, designing with space, dealing with builders, architects and tradesmen, creating lighting effects, sourcing & selecting materials and furniture, interior decoration and styling, working to briefs, working with clients, business & marketing skills, and more.
The Interior Design and Decoration Correspondence Course has been carefully structured using a systematic approach to learning. Through a series of 10 tutorials, we will provide you with a wealth of relevant knowledge, and will encourage you through exercises and assignments to research and explore concepts to develop essential design skills.
You will be shown techniques for finding inspiration, developing design ideas, formulating schemes, specifying and documenting your work, and communicating your design concepts using various presentation techniques.
The course is made up of a series of comprehensive tutorials each including interactive activities to prompt further consideration and ensure effective understanding. Furthermore, each tutorial will require the completion and submission of an Assignment relevant to the content of subjects covered.
Topic Areas Covered:
The following topic areas are covered within the Interior Design and Decoration distance course:
- Designer Resources
- Elements & Principles of Design
- Colour Theory
- Psychology of Colour
- Natural & Artifical Lighting
- Exploring Design
- Drawing a Floor Plan
- Space Planning
- Interpreting a Client Brief
- The Design Process
- Developing an interior design scheme
- Documenting the interior design scheme
- Design presentation techniques
This course is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework and covers the following units of competency from the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration.
- BSBDES301A: Explore the use of colour
- LMFID4008A: Assess interior light and recommend light fittings
- BSBDES305A: Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
- LMFID3002A: Source and specify decorator products
- LMFID4003A: Prepare a materials board for client presentation
Students who successfully complete the course will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the above units of competency.
What You Will Recieve:
We have developed the course so that it is suitable for visual learners - as most creative students learn best through visual learning methods. This course has been developed to be more than just a collection of written manuals and assignments.
A personal tutor will be assigned to you for the course. The tutor will be responsible for marking your assignments and reviewing your progress Students will receive feedback on their course work and advice on how to improve their skills. Generally when you return your assignments the next tutorial will be sent within 10 days.
Students who enrol in this course will receive an equipment pack including:
- Watercolour Pencils
- Paint Brushes
- Set of Gouche Paints
- Architects drawing template
- Scale Ruler
- A4 Bank Pad
On Completion of the Course:
Students who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of achievement for completing the course and a written reference for inclusion in your CV.
Study at your own Pace!
The course has been designed so that students may complete the course in their own time, at a pace suitable for them. You may take up to two years to complete the course or finish in as little as 6 months. this gives students the flexibility to study when it is convenient for them, without having to adjust their lives around attending classes.
For more information about this course, please phone us on (07) 55 938 335.
- Discounted Upfront Payment: $1,755.00
- Payment Plan: $400.00 + 24 weekly payments of $64.5833. Total = $1,950.00.
* Extra postage charges apply for postage outside of Australia. Please contact us by email to find out the postage costs to your country.
Please note: as this is a self paced course students will not be eligible for Centerlink payments for studying.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment:Click here to read the terms and conditions of enrolment.
How do I Enrol?
You can start anytime, so enrol now to get started! Please allow at least two weeks for receipt of your first tutorial for postage within Australia.
- Interior Design Courses
- Full Time
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
- Part Time
- Certificate III in Interior Decoration
- Short Courses
- Interior Design Try a Career Workshop
- Interior Design & Decoration Short Course
- Perspective Drawing for Interior Design
- DIY Home Renovation Design
- Colour for Interior Design
- Commercial Interiors
- Floor Plans for Interior Design
- Lighting for Interior Design
- Feng Shui for Interior Design
- Textile Design Course
- Visual Merchandising
- Interior Design & Decoration Distance Course
- Upcoming Courses
- Make-Up for You25th May 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care25th May 13
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising30th May 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time31st May 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology31st May 13
- Manicure & Pedicure31st May 13
- Hair for You1st Jun 13
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services13th Jun 13
- Fashion Business & Merchandising15th Jun 13
- Fashion Photography and Styling15th Jun 13
- Fashion Styling15th Jun 13
- Airbrush Makeup15th Jun 13
- Hair Styling15th Jun 13
- Spray Tanning15th Jun 13
- Waxing & Tinting21st Jun 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time21st Jun 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails29th Jun 13
- Massage29th Jun 13
- Eyelash Extensions29th Jun 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology6th Jul 13
- Manicure & Pedicure6th Jul 13
- Aromatherapy13th Jul 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care13th Jul 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails19th Jul 13
- Fast Track Fashion Design27th Jul 13
- Diploma of Photo Imaging29th Jul 13
- Diploma of Photo Imaging30th Jul 13
- Beginner Sewing Lessons31st Jul 13
- Anatomy & Physiology Correspondence Course2nd Aug 13
- Cosmetic Chemistry2nd Aug 13
- Nutrition2nd Aug 13
- Textile Design2nd Aug 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care2nd Aug 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology2nd Aug 13
- Manicure & Pedicure2nd Aug 13
- Footwear Design16th Aug 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails24th Aug 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care24th Aug 13
- Fashion Business & Merchandising31st Aug 13
- Waxing & Tinting7th Sep 13
- Spa Treatments14th Sep 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails20th Sep 13
- Facial Course21st Sep 13
- Waxing & Tinting27th Sep 13
- Anatomy & Physiology Correspondence Course11th Oct 13
- Hot Stone Massage18th Oct 13
- Body Electrics26th Oct 13
- Advanced Facials9th Nov 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy24th Feb 14
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising24th Feb 14
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology24th Feb 14
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design3rd Mar 14
- Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)3rd Mar 14
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services3rd Mar 14
- Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design & Technology7th Mar 14
- Certificate IV in Make-Up10th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (Painting and Drawing)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Fashion Design)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (Textile, Print & Surface Design)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Photography)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)28th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Interior Decoration2nd May 14
- Make-Up for You
- Latest News
- 19/04/13 Congratulations to Jane Rogers, winner a double movie pass for completing our styling graduate survey...
- 26/02/13 AICD is expanding! AICD Brisbane is moving into a new larger campus over the next few weeks! AICD Gold Coast's Acacia campus is also expanding too!....
- 21/12/12 AICD is now closed for the Christmas holiday break and will reopen on Wednesday the 3rd of Jan....
- 21/12/12 AICD Christmas Newsletter!
- 20/11/12 VET FEE-HELP Loans now available for Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Diploma of Photo Imaging, Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services, Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising and more...
- 19/10/12 Congratuations to our students Kerry-Ann Andersson - winner of the 2012 Calico Brides Competition, Jaymi Spina - Highly Commended Award Winner and our 5 finalists!...
- 24/08/12 You are invited to the 'Head in the Clouds' parade event Wed 24th October...
- 08/08/12 New 'Try a Career Workshops' announced...
- 27/07/12 New visual arts and design courses for 2013!...
- 03/06/12 Congratulations to our fashion student Kerry-Ann Andersson, winner of the 'Fashion on James' design competition...
- 14/05/12 Congratulations to our styling student Candice Naughtin, winner of 'The Stylist's Apprentice' competition by Westfield Garden City...
- 23/12/11 AICD is now VET FEE-HELP Approved! This means that you can now access VET FEE-HELP assistance for studying in our Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology and Advanced Diploma of Interior Design courses!...
- 22/12/11 Merry Christmas! The AICD office is now closed for Christmas and will reopen on the 2nd of January...
- 14/10/11 New Eyelash Extension Course!
- 12/10/11 Come along to the Hello Fashion presents AICD styling graduates parade on the 4th of Nov...
- 11/10/11 Congratulations to Liezl Boshoff winner of the Highly Commended Award at the 2011 Calico Brides Competition...
- 17/08/11 Enter our Photography competition to celebrate the announcement of new photography courses!...
- 17/08/11 AICD announces 2012 January Summer School courses...
- 12/07/11 Congratulations to Sara Hultman for winning the Avenue Designer Competition final on Sunday the 3rd of July...
- 15/06/11 Evolved Designs: AICD Advanced Diploma of Fashion Design students present their collections at Sanctuary Cove...
- 11/06/11 Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills parade a success...
- 11/05/11 AICD releases new Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy part-time course...
- 09/05/11 AICD Styling students present: 'For the Love of Fashion: Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills' parade at Light Space...
- 09/05/11 Support 6 local up and coming designers showcasing their latests collections in the Evolve Fashion Showcase at Sanctuary Cove...
- 21/03/11 Over the past week we have had some problems with our Website and Emails. If you have not received a response to an email or online course enrolment from the past week, please get in touch with us as we may not have recieved your message...
- 17/12/10 Shoe Design, Make-Up and Beginner Sewing Holiday Courses starting on Monday the 10th of January! Last minute positions available - enrol now!
- 17/12/10 The AICD team wishes everyone a very Happy New Year! We have now re-opened our office, call to book an appointment to find out about our courses for 2011!
- New Holiday Courses Scheduled to run in January!
- Congratulations to Katie Styles for winning the Billabong 'Design a Bikini' Bikini Showdown Competition!
- Come to see the Unborn Treasures Show at the Sanctuary Cove Theatre on December 14th...
- Congratulations to Masa Gracanic for winning the Halloween Costume Design Competition held by the Temple Bar!
- Congratulations to Jane Andrewartha for winning the 'Runner Up' prize in the Qld Brides Design Awards 'Calico Brides' Competition!
- Come along to the 'Students Present Fashion Friday' parade on Friday 24th Sept at Temple
- Photos from the Metamorphosis Parade!
- Come along to the 'Metamorphosis...' parade Wed 18th Aug from 6pm at Lauxes'
- Congratulations to Julian Napier for winning the 'Electic Playground Club Couture' Fashion Competition!
- Photos from some recent photoshoots!
- Congratulations to Masa for winning the 'Little Green Dress' Design Award!
- Congratulations to Sam, Hazel, Sally & Stevie for their awards in the 'Style Off' competition...
- AICD is opening in Brisbane in 2010! More information coming soon!
- AIBT is now ITEC approved, giving our beauty students the opportunity to achieve international qualifications in Beauty. More information coming soon.
- Varsity Lakes Train Station is now open!
- March 2010 Intake of Certificate III in Styling course booked out. Next course starting in April 2010 - limited positions.
- Congratulations to Kylie Landsborough for her win at the Qld Bridal Design Awards last night! Also congratulations to Aubrey Wright winning the 'Highly Commended' award, Han Ho and Stephanie Mowat for winning 'Commendation' awards!...
- New dates set for January 2010 Summer School Courses
- We are now offering Interior Design Qualifications! Check back soon for more information!
- Photos from 'SIX' fashion parade held at 19Karen on the 28th of August...
- Receive a double pass to the September Issue when you enrol in the Diploma of Fashion Design / Business or Styling...
- Student's graduation parade to be held at 19Karen Contemporary Artspace on the 28th of August...
- Photos from the parade at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Our street address is changing on the 1st of July due to the Council's road name change...
- Student's Fashion Parade to be held at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Congratulations to Renee Enoka for winning the 'Designing A Fashion Career' competition...
- Congratulations to our styling student Sarah Rugg for winning the 'Style Off' competition...
- Congratulations to our students Renee and Olivia who have become finalists in the 'Designing a Fashion Career competition...